Well, well, well, here I am again… bringing you another interesting (and funny) blog! You might know me. I’m a regular blogger now, but it’s been ages since my last blog. But don’t worry! You’re reading a new blog right now!
Anyway, today’s blog is about five bizarre world records in history. These records are going to be incredibly dangerous and… insane (I guess). So let’s dive in to see incredibly skilled people doing the craziest stunts ever, and getting a Guinness World Record in the process.
1. Tallest man: Many of us have dreams of being tall. I personally do. But have you ever wondered who the tallest man in the world is, and how tall he is? You might be thinking he’s about 6 ft. 5 in. or something. Guess what? He’s taller. Sultan Kosen is a Turkish farmer who holds the world record for the tallest man ever, at a height of 8ft. and 2in. Wow, imagine being that tall.But don’t think being tall is an advantage, because it’s not. Kosen suffers from spine problems and leg pain. Also, he also has basic problems like not fitting into tiny public spaces and hitting his head on low walls. Kosen’s growth is a result of a disease known as gigantism. It is caused by a disorder in the pituitary gland, and he continues to grow. I still can’t believe he hasn’t pulled out all his hair managing with that kind of height.
2. Largest car collection: You might know that I’m a big fan of cars. I’ve written 3 blogs on ‘em. That’s why this is my favorite record in this list. The Sultan of Brunei holds the record for the largest private car collection ever. His car collection comprises of various luxury car brands and sports cars. He owns 600 Rolls-Royces, 380 Bentleys, 450 Ferraris and many more premium models, adding up to more than 7000 cars! Also, he owns 22 Lamborghini Urracos, which is one of the rarest cars in the world. He also owns 10 McLaren F1s, another rare car, with only 106 ever made. Normally, we’d be fine if we had even a BMW, but this guy owns rare cars that no one could ever dream of buying, that to hundreds of the same model!
3. Lego World Records: Apart from cars, I’m a fan of Lego as well. Not the blocky kind, professional Lego. But Lego holds so many word records that I couldn’t pick just one. So I’m going to tell you about 3 of them.
First on the list, the Lego Millennium Falcon. For those of you who are Star Wars fans, you might know this airship well. But did you know that there was a Lego version as well? The Lego Millennium Falcon held the record for the largest individual Lego set ever built.
But there’s more. Shortly after that record, Lego created a larger set, the Colosseum. It had a total of 9306 pieces! Wow!
The next world record is of the largest Lego car made out of the most Lego bricks. It was a 2018 Toyota Camry and took 8 weeks to build. Lego even designed other cars like the fully-driveable Bugatti Chiron and the McLaren Senna.
Apart from these, Lego holds many more world records such as the longest bridge, longest wooden roller coaster (that works), largest plane and the largest industry to date.
4. Pulling a plane: In 2009, bodybuilder Kevin Fast made a world record for successfully pulling a CC177 plane weighing 416,299 lbs. across a length of 8.8 m in 1 minute and 16 seconds. Apart from this, Kevin as pulled 3 firetrucks weighing 108 tons. He remains one of the strongest men ever.
5. Most world records ever: Now, this next one is a little complicated. So, Keith Furman, also known as Ashrita Furman, has broken not one, not two, not even ten, but a total of 700 world records! Can you believe that? This guy has been breaking world records since 1979. His world records include the world’s largest crayon, cutting watermelons on his stomach,balancing various objects on both his head and nose, cycling underwater, cutting apples mid-air with a katana and many silly and insane world records.
So those were some of the most bizarre world records ever broken. I hope you loved my blog, and please drop in a comment if you have any suggestions. I’ll be back with some more world records later. For now, goodbye and stay safe!
Together, We Can Make #HappierSaferInternet